One of the latest additions to Top Notch Wilderness Pro is a variety of marine data. This includes Tidal Fishing Management Areas, rockfish conservation areas, and marine vegetation. To complement this I have included links to some free and paid online resources to help the recreational user. I like to use a combination of several tools when I am planning an excursion:
- Wilderness Pro for access planning, geolocation, knowing what management area I am in, scouting out kelp forests/eelgrass, and avoiding rockfish conservation areas.
- DFO website for official recreational tidal fishing limits, openings and species closures.
- i-Boating at home for charts and depths.
- Navionics in the field for charts and depths.
- Biotoxin and Sanitary Contamination Closures Web Map for Shellfish Harvesting.
- Ted Harty's Freediving Safety Course
- Ted Harty's Spearfishing Checklist
- PNW Samson's Youtube Channel